Thursday, February 28, 2019

Resurrection Pilgrimage

A couple of weeks ago I spent some time with these beautiful images of the Divine.  We spoke about trips and going on new adventures.  I told them that I would take Wonder with me and send them glimpses of our journeys abroad.  With much excitement they sent me off with kind words, warm hugs, and happy high fives.  Little did I know then that these past couple of weeks their hopeful spirits would give me moments of balm for my soul.  As United Methodists this has been a very painful time where glimpses of hope and God's relentless possibilities felt dim and hard to find.  Look close God speaks through their eyes even when the words of harm block our view.  I am committing to them and to my God that I will not loose hope;  I will not fail to see the Divine image in every face I meet;  I will not let the voices who seek to judge and put aside God's beloved ones take up space in my heart.  I will continue to stand, speak , and rise so that I can be a part of healing, hope, and renewal in my own life and in the lives of those I have the sacred honor of working with so that the Kin-dom will be seen and known HERE and NOW.  So may it be.
Here is where I am resting my head and heart this night - a view of the surprising purple orchids from another beautiful child who brings me hope ~my lovely Mickayla Williams.  Tomorrow I will see the book of Kell's and St,  Patrick's Cathedral.  May you all rest in the arms of the one of endless hope, faithful renewal, and  boundless love.



2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Safe travels, Heather. I know you will enjoy your adventure as well as learn all you can.

    ReplyDelete