Wednesday, March 6, 2019

Resurrection Pilgrimage




 



When I snoozed my alarm for the third time beginning at 5:30 AM, I decided to take some deep breaths and looked to my devotions from Richard Rohr's Daily Meditation
  I found there this longing  for my body to be fully present as Jesus was fully present.  I do believe that we are the embodiment of the Divine Spirit and the Divine Love - as we seek to be like Jesus.  And with that comes Ash Wednesday as we remember how fragile this human existance is and how each step on our Lenten journey ushers us into a thoughtful reflection - how am I showing the world God's Spirit and God's Love.  I know that I want to be more of that and less of all the baggage I carry (and I am not just referring to the huge backpack I am carrying, even though there may be a thought there).  So what wieghs me down?  What baggage is too cumbersome that I need to let go of to love more freely?  In what ways am I not embracing The Divine Spirti within me so that others can find in me a place of refuge?  And so Lent begins my friends.  As it does I share with you this incredible beauty and my wrestling. May it be well with our soul ..

No comments:

Post a Comment